Skype is one of the oldest and smartest messengers which was founded by Niklas Zennström in 2003 and has 660 million worldwide users by the end of 2010.
It was acquired by eBay in 2005 for $3.1 billion. Then eBay sold its majority of the stocks to a private investment company in 2009 for $1.2 billion. Finally Microsoft bought it in May 2011 for $8.5 billion.
Skye is now available for almost every devices like computers be it windows or Mac, mobile be it windows, android or IOS based, tablets, Xbox even for smart TVs and wearable’s (watches) as well.
You simply need to download Skype first on your required devices before you want to install it
You can download Skype for your preferred devices from below download links.
On this post we will guide you about installation of Skype of windows based computer system.
Let’s download Skype for windows. This version is compatible with all versions of windows operating system including 32 bit & 64 bit operating system.
- Once you click on above link, you will be redirected to official website of Skype owned by Microsoft Corp.
- Click on the download file to start the installation of Skype.
- Application will prompt you to select your preferred language for Skype and click on “I Agree” button.
- On the next screen it may ask you to Make Bing & MSN your default search engine and home page respectively, obviously Skype is a property of Microsoft Corp. Choose the option wisely although this is an optional.
- Let’s go to next screen, hey its started installing Skype on your windows computer.
Now this may take several minutes depending on your internet speed. You can also increase the speed of your internet by using simple tips and tricks but that will be internet browsing not for downloading. Downloading speed is totally dependent on you Internet Service provider. I will guide you in details in my next post.
You are now done with Skype Installation; you need to create an account on Skype to generate a unique Skype login id.
Hope you installed it successfully on your computer. If you think this post was helpful for you, please do comment below and share this post.