Avast is the antivirus company that has set the limits by offering remarkable solutions through the various products. It has set a benchmark in the industry by offering complete solutions for the issues related to the system security and protection. It also helps the users in many ways by protecting the system from different viruses, malware, Trojans, and other problems that affect the system of the users.
To keep the system protected all the time, it is very necessary that the users must Update Avast Antivirus on a regular basis. There are numerous solutions that the websites provide for the issue but it is very necessary for the users to follow the steps which are genuine and which would take the users to the destination.
Why Update Avast Antivirus?
- It is very necessary for a user to regularly perform Avast Antivirus Update so that:-
- The Antivirus can keep the system of the users protected all the time.
- The antivirus will obtain new features which are launched by the company.
- You can increase the level of security for one more level.
It will help the users in protecting the system from all the types of Virus, Malware, and Trojans which attack the system as soon as they get a chance to do so.
Steps to Perform Avast Antivirus Update
- In the first step, you need to launch Avast Antivirus Interface.
- After that, on the Right-hand side you will see an option Settings, Click on that option.
- As you do so, you will see a window pop up. Click on the Avast Settings.
- Now, search for the button Update.
- As you find it, click on Update on the right-hand side.
- After that, you need to scroll down and expand proxy settings by clicking on it.
- By doing so, a direct connection will be selected.
- Now, you need to check and specify a proxy server.
- You have to select type either it can be HTTP or Socks v4.
- As you click on it, you will be taken to a new screen. Here, you have to enter the IP address and Port Number.
- When the process of authentication is near, you can choose no authentication, if username and password are not provided by the host.
- If you have the username and password then, you could choose either Basic authentication (plaintext) or Windows integrated authentication.
- Once you have selected the authentication type, you have to enter the username and the password provided.
- Once done, click on Ok and Avast will automatically update using the proxy server.
So, this is a lengthy and detailed process that can be used by the users who are new to the antivirus and they do not have any idea of the product. To the users who have been connected with Avast from a long time, here is a short version of steps that would help you Update Avast Antivirus.
- In this process, you need to open Avast Antivirus software
- After that, you have to click on Settings
- Now, select the option update and click on Update
So, once you are done with the steps we have also provided the steps that would help you set the Avast Antivirus to the Auto-Update mode.
How to Set Avast Antivirus to the Auto-Update mode?
- You need to right-click on the Avast orange ball icon in the system tray.
- Now, you need to select Open Avast user interface option from the menu
- Now, from the main menu, select Settings.
- After that, Click Update in the left pane
- Once done, you need to click on Automatic update option from the list which is visible on the screen.
So, these are some of the steps that would help the users set Avast Antivirus Update feature to the Auto-Update mode. In case, they face some kind of issue in steps or you require help for some other process of Avast Antivirus then, you can always visit our website and get solutions for your issues.